The Highland Lakes of Texas
Email list
endurable-critic
Spurs info Billing Department News Department News Editor Obituaries Advertising Department Discussion Forum

Go Back   The Highland Lakes of Texas » Forums > Highland Lakes Living > Recreation & Sports

Old 05-13-2011, 07:41 AM   #1
ohcuriousone
Seasoned Member

Way to go Highlander Sports Dept. NOT

I am once again amazed at the hit and miss coverage in our local paper. I attended a very nice awards program on Monday night in the Marble Falls High School auditorium. This program honored the students who have spent hundreds, if not more, hours this year participating in baseball, softball (two rounds of playoffs) and weight-lifting. I'm sure to mention this because you darn sure can't read anything about it in todays paper (nor was there a word on the banquet in Tuesdays paper). In todays paper you can read not one, not two, but three articles about the banquet on Wednesday night that honored the tennis, track and golfs kids. Do Not Get Me Wrong! I applaud each and every one of these kids but couldn't their counterparts on Monday have had some of the coverage? Hopefully when the River City comes out tomorrow Jennifer will have done the Monday crew more justice. I know that she didn't miss a softball game so maybe there's hope yet.
ohcuriousone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 06:47 AM   #2
depot

I could not agree more! If you look at their website it is even more outdated than their news!
THERE ARE OTHER ATHLETES IN THIS TOWN OTHER THAN FOOTBALL and these kiddos work just as hard if not harder with many of them playing year round!
Shame on you Highlander