The Highland Lakes of Texas
Email list
endurable-critic
Spurs info Billing Department News Department News Editor Obituaries Advertising Department Discussion Forum

Go Back   The Highland Lakes of Texas » Forums > Community Discussions > City Topics > Granite Shoals

Old 01-24-2011, 04:02 PM   #1
lmam88
Seasoned Member

Granite Shoals Water Dept.

Came home to very little water pressure (not even enough to do a load of laundry or take showers). I noticed they were doing something at the plant on Valley View when I was leaving around 2:40pm. Called City Hall talked to someone and she said she would call and find out if any problems had been reported. Gave her the area and street. 4:45 called back and of course they are closed...
Anyone else having problems?
lmam88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:51 PM   #2
lmam88
Seasoned Member

Problem fixed...THANK YOU!
Old 09-20-2011, 03:21 PM   #3
lmam88
Seasoned Member

Who else had a visit from the water dept. today and were given a bottle to fill from the kitchen sink in the a.m. so they can do testing?
The guy seemed totally shocked when I stopped him and asked him what it was for. According to him it should be run once a year...we have lived here for 13yrs. now. HMMMM
Old 09-21-2011, 11:03 AM   #4
Belle
Seasoned Member

Never in 30 years ever heard of such a thing. Were you to fill it and give it back or did he come in and fill it.
Has there been a break near you?

I would call the City Mgr. immediately for an explanation !
Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:26 AM   #5
lmam88
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle View Post
Never in 30 years ever heard of such a thing. Were you to fill it and give it back or did he come in and fill it.
Has there been a break near you?

I would call the City Mgr. immediately for an explanation !
No break that we know of. We are the only house on our street that he stopped at. He said it was suppose be done yearly.
He left me a bottle and gave me directions on what faucet to draw the sample from and what time to do it and then he picked it up this morning.
One thing I have learned from living out here is why waste time in calling for information especially on something like this? You very rarely get a truthful answer, only what they want you to know...
Old 09-21-2011, 11:59 AM   #6
Belle
Seasoned Member

Wow, you must have made somebody mad. I have never called that I didn't get immediate and courteous attention !

Try a little honey instead of vinegar...
Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 03:54 PM   #7
lmam88
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle View Post
Wow, you must have made somebody mad. I have never called that I didn't get immediate and courteous attention !

Try a little honey instead of vinegar...
You are right...had the chance to speak with Mr. Nichols this afternoon. Very nice man! Nice to see that MAYBE things are finally heading in a more positive direction