The Highland Lakes of Texas
Email list
endurable-critic
Spurs info Billing Department News Department News Editor Obituaries Advertising Department Discussion Forum

Go Back   The Highland Lakes of Texas » Forums > Community Discussions > City Topics > Granite Shoals

Old 07-15-2011, 10:30 PM   #1
david_reaves

Shoreline fill purchase?

Can anyone tell me where the Granite Shoals city shoreline purchase program is described online? If it's not online, who should I contact to get more information? I'm buying a lakefront house that has a small area of fill shown on the survey. I understand a little bit about what happened in Sunset Beach several years ago...how does that affect GS?

The area on the property that I'm interested in is fairly small, and apparently the previous two owners didn't see a need to buy it. I'm not sure that I see any reason, either, but I'm not sure what the legal risks might be. The property does already have a variance for encroachments granted in 1998 and the structures are all still the same.

I would appreciate any specific information that anyone can offer. Thanks in advance.

David
david_reaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:50 AM   #2
dmozoid
db

You should call the City Manager: Judy Miller Phone (830) 598-2424 ext. 304. Good luck getting her to respond though. You might also try asking for the City Secretary: Ronda Reichle she tends to be much more responsive than Ms. Miller.

I'm not sure why they can't get this information on their website. They had the ordinances up at one time then took those down. I suppose they like to tell people that is against Ordinance ## with no way for the citizens to read the ordinance themselves.
dmozoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:29 AM   #3
Belle
Seasoned Member

Good Luck with contacting Ms. Miller !

She has wiped out most of the info on the web site, blocked the GSFacebook,gotten rid of most of the volunteers, she doesn't like them, tried to fire all the dept.heads and refuses to acknowledge that GS is a "real city".
She seems bent on undoing everything Mayor Reilly tried to accomplish.

Way to go Ms. Miller ! Council should have learned from Marble Falls. Nuff said...

PS: Mr. Ken Frances, building official at City Hall , can answer your questions about the shoreline variances. 830-598-6971

Last edited by Belle; 07-28-2011 at 09:35 AM. Reason: PS
Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:36 PM   #4
Caretaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle View Post
Good Luck with contacting Ms. Miller !

She has wiped out most of the info on the web site, blocked the GSFacebook,gotten rid of most of the volunteers, she doesn't like them, tried to fire all the dept.heads and refuses to acknowledge that GS is a "real city".
She seems bent on undoing everything Mayor Reilly tried to accomplish.

Way to go Ms. Miller ! Council should have learned from Marble Falls. Nuff said...

PS: Mr. Ken Frances, building official at City Hall , can answer your questions about the shoreline variances. 830-598-6971
I have a question and please dont think I,m trying to say you arent right about whats going on but WHO hired Ms.Miller?Current council or past council members??
Caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:49 AM   #5
Belle
Seasoned Member

Caretaker,
She was hired before the May elections, but with only one newcomer to Council, I don't believe it would have made a difference. My understanding is that the vote was unanimous to hire her.
Belle is offline   Reply With Quote