The Highland Lakes of Texas
Email list
endurable-critic
Spurs info Billing Department News Department News Editor Obituaries Advertising Department Discussion Forum

Go Back   The Highland Lakes of Texas » Forums > Highland Lakes Living > Public Safety

Old 08-16-2011, 07:08 AM   #1
Chief_USA

Immigration

I have always been under the impression that under international law a sovereign nation controlled their own borders. If that is the case. why do we put up with illegal aliens demonstrating about our immigration laws. Also I was under the impression that any one who did not enter the country by accepted immigration laws was committing an act of illegal entry and susceptible to deportation. I know the old saw about us being a nation of immigrants, I myself am a second generation citizen, but my ancestors got off the boat at Ellis Island.
Chief_USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:14 AM   #2
Doublehorn
Seasoned Member

Chief - you really got to get with the times.....seems that the term, "illegal aliens" is no longer PC....
Instead, those that break the law and enter our country are now considered, "undocumented immigrants..."
Doublehorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:06 AM   #3
Caretaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief_USA View Post
I have always been under the impression that under international law a sovereign nation controlled their own borders. If that is the case. why do we put up with illegal aliens demonstrating about our immigration laws. Also I was under the impression that any one who did not enter the country by accepted immigration laws was committing an act of illegal entry and susceptible to deportation. I know the old saw about us being a nation of immigrants, I myself am a second generation citizen, but my ancestors got off the boat at Ellis Island.

We cant put up a fence now can we?? And we cant have our State guard along the border now ,or can we??. And of course we cant pick our own fields or crops now, or can we?? Maybe folks should ask the president. Seems he has all the solutions.
Caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:33 AM   #4
Chief_USA

Just think how bland our language would be without LIBERALS
Old 08-16-2011, 09:46 PM   #5
Caretaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief_USA View Post
Just think how bland our language would be without LIBERALS

I can honestly say that I am NOT a liberal..
Caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:27 AM   #6
grumpy
Seasoned Member

Doublehorn, I would also suggest we refer to them as undocumented democrats.
grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 11:29 AM   #7
Peaches
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy View Post

So true, Grumpy. One only needs to visit the Health and Human Services web site and see that information and questions are offered in English and Spanish, and that certain questions on applications are directed at those who are here illegally.

I've been watching "Border Wars" lately. I recommend it for all the bleeding hearts who oppose enforcement of immigration laws. It is estimated that more than 70% of those who cross the border do so to conduct illegal activities such as drug smuggling.

Many of the illegals are coming from other countries thru Mexico and paying human-trafficers huge sums of money to get them into the US. Often they spend more than they would if they entered the country legally, but I'm sure the coyotes don't let their clients in on that secret.

The illegals who pay trafficers are at the mercy of those trafficers - and their living conditions are often disgusting. They are often starved and abused, and females are usually raped.
Peaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 01:01 PM   #8
Doublehorn
Seasoned Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy View Post

Good one....
Doublehorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:02 PM   #9
Immune
Seasoned Member

We could secure the border but the Government dont want to and never has.
We secure borders all the time, it just happens to be in the middle east..lol
Immune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 08:24 PM   #10
springflower
Seasoned Member

What we need to do is make sure that folks look at things from a different angle.
Apparently most folks don't realize how the Mexican government treats illegals
in their country.
Our news reporters need make sure Americans know how Americans are treated in Mexico. I'm sure there has to be one or two Americans who have gone across illegally.
Maybe they were criminals trying to get away from the American law,but still they were not treated kindly. Any American caught without proper papers in Mexico is thrown in jail and treated like the worst of criminals. No free well balanced meals,no free apartment to stay in till things are cleared up.
This needs to be brought out in the open and proclaimed more loudly.
I'm tired of hearing how unfair American officials are treating law breakers.
They are coming here to stay with out the proper papers.
We need to compare how an American law breaker is treated in Mexico.
springflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 07:42 AM   #11
Chief_USA

A bleeding heart is a bleeding heart, no matter how many facts you present they are not going to change their mind. It's like trying win an argument with an idiot.
Old 08-20-2011, 01:46 AM   #12
Peaches
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immune View Post
We could secure the border but the Government dont want to and never has.
We secure borders all the time, it just happens to be in the middle east..lol
No kidding! I'm gonna have to quote you on that in the future...
Peaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 03:04 PM   #13
whiteorchid
Seasoned Member

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-deportations/

No more deportations except for criminals or those who pose a threat to national security.
whiteorchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 04:12 PM   #14
eastsidecrazy

It's going to take military action or a Texas task force with the authority to take action. Our guys now are limited in what they can do. Our borders are a target for getting into the US and it aint that hard apparantly.

How many of our people have to die from drugs, weapons and human trafficing does it take to get our Govt. in action. for real.....
eastsidecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:53 AM   #15
JWebb
Seasoned Member

...and yet the Walters are stuck in France because their business here in Marble Falls isn't making enough profit to provide a "comfortable living" according to some uninformed government official that apparently doesn't know the first thing about cost of living in this area and doesn't take into account other sources of income they may have. Thanks for the opportunity to rant about our crazy immegration laws.
JWebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:54 AM   #16
Belle
Seasoned Member

Michelle is having the time of her life hugging all the baskeball hunks (bet she loves hugging real men) all at our expense.
Too bad she can't bring the Walters home on our jet! (Or even try ! )
Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:38 PM   #17
Dandroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastsidecrazy View Post
It's going to take military action or a Texas task force with the authority to take action. Our guys now are limited in what they can do. Our borders are a target for getting into the US and it aint that hard apparantly.

How many of our people have to die from drugs, weapons and human trafficing does it take to get our Govt. in action. for real.....
You remember the man that left the illegals in the 18 wheeler to die? Well what else could have been he transporting? Terrorism my eye. When both parties fight the people, whom overwhelmingly want the border sealed, you know something is amiss. Our gov has been hijacked folks. Bush paved the way and now Obama lets them loose...to do what?

"The Obama administration released illegal immigrants who went on to commit more crimes, including charges of 19 murders, 3 attempted murders and 142 sex crimes, the House Judiciary Committee said in a report Tuesday."

Both parties have sold us down the river.....Now what?

Thats right I need to put my seat belt on and %$^#...living the dream

Check out the cyber security bill these treasonous folks are trying to pass...gun control...why?
Dandroid is offline   Reply With Quote