The Highland Lakes of Texas
Email list
endurable-critic
Spurs info Billing Department News Department News Editor Obituaries Advertising Department Discussion Forum

Go Back   The Highland Lakes of Texas » Forums > Highland Lakes Living > Charities & Non-Profits

Old 11-14-2012, 10:24 AM   #1
Robben Thompson

Highland Lakes Christmas Is For Kids Toy Drive

We are working very hard on the 22nd annual toy drive for this area. We will have toy drop boxes in many of the area offices the week after Thanksgiving. Donations may be mailed to Highland Lakes Christmas Is For Kids, Box 750, Marble Falls, TX 78654. If you would like information about volunteering check the community calendar here on the dates Dec 21-22. IF you have any questions you may call me at 830-385-1085.

We could not do this every year without the financial and personal support of the fantastic folks in Marble Falls, Horseshoe Bay and the surrounding areas.

Thanks,

Robben Thompson
Robben Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:12 PM   #2
crystal_tendick

christmas for kids dispute

I think it is great what this organization is doing but when I get a phone call at 8:00pm stating that I am not going to receive my gifts for the rest of my children I get a little discouraged. I have all ready picked up my gifts for my youngest son and now I am being denied the other gifts for my children in middle school. My husband is disabled and I am the only one that works which barely pays the bills and supports my family so I cannot provide a Christmas to my kids. I had received a form from my youngest sons school for help with Christmas. They all ready new that I had signed up for help so I thought it was some extra help which I could use so I filled it out and returned it with my son to school. I don't think that it is fair for me to be denied my children in middle school their gifts. Believe me if I hade the money I would provide my family the Christmas they deserve every year. I addressed this issue with Robben Thompson and she told me that she thought I needed to grow up and hung up the phone. Quite frankly I think that's very unprofessional and not appropriate for the season and was very hurtful considering my circumstances.
crystal_tendick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 06:03 PM   #3
ohcuriousone
Seasoned Member

I have volunteered with this organization for about five years and my husband and I also donate money on a yearly basis. The great folks who run this worthy cause make every effort to serve folks who cannot provide their children with anything at all for Christmas. With that said they also work to prevent what is known as " double dipping" which is collecting from multiple organizations in the area.
I would suggest instead of ranting on a public forum about people who VOLUNTEER many many hours to a worthwhile cause, you instead spend your time and efforts giving your children the one thing money cannot buy: your time and love. Merry Christmas.
ohcuriousone is offline   Reply With Quote