The Highland Lakes of Texas
Email list
endurable-critic
Spurs info Billing Department News Department News Editor Obituaries Advertising Department Discussion Forum

Go Back   The Highland Lakes of Texas » Forums > Highland Lakes Living > Public Safety

Old 02-19-2014, 01:30 PM   #1
Marian

Campaign signs and safety

CR 120 is heavily traveled by gravel trucks and “cut through traffic” from State Highways 281 to 1431. The intersection of CR 123 and CR 120 is especially hazardous because curves in the road cause limited visibility. Every election year, political candidates cover this corner with campaign signs. To make a left turn from 123 to 120, you must look first left, then pull half way into CR 120 to be able to look right to see if there is any on coming traffic on 120 before proceeding. These candidates are making a lot of promises for the future. I would like them to think a little more about the present and safety issues. Putting these signs on the north side of CR 120 would solve this problem. This happens every election.
Marian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 06:05 AM   #2
JWebb
Seasoned Member

I don't know if all the candidtes read this forum; however,
it would be a good idea to contact the headquarters of those that have signs in that area.
JWebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:46 AM   #3
Marian

You are right about either the candidates not reading this forum or they do not care because none of the signs were moved. I did not call the headquarters. None of the signs had phone numbers on them. I guess they do not want any complaints just your votes. I do thank the candidates who were removing their signs the morning after the election. But not all of them did it. Some of the signs are still there, and not just those in the runoff elections either.
Marian is offline   Reply With Quote