The Highland Lakes of Texas
Email list
endurable-critic
Spurs info Billing Department News Department News Editor Obituaries Advertising Department Discussion Forum

Go Back   The Highland Lakes of Texas » Forums > Highland Lakes Living > Public Safety

Old 08-07-2012, 12:13 PM   #26
eastsidecrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretaker View Post
IMHO i would rather just send them in a donation of say 1k then to pay 2834 and 898. Now if you want to pay that then by all means do. With buisness properties which are probably income producing then you should have the means to do so. That,s your choice or at least it was until it became a forced situation.

Also not everyone has multiple properties. Some only have one and have an ag exemption which would make them pay less like say 10 dollars.

We still donate to them and Yeah, its a lot but we have a lot of property the personal property it is on ag. I'll tell what really upsets me is we pay isd taxes which are the highest taxes and our last child goes to private school, but that's an old and long running issue.
eastsidecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:22 PM   #27
camorider

The ESD voted to accept a budget which is based on a tax rate of .086. They will vote to accept the rate in their next meeting. They only proposed the rate tonight which was a big step.

I was disappointed in the number of taxpayers who did not show up for this important meeting. 10 taxpayers showed up. Pretty sad people but very typical of voters. For those who did not show up don't complain later on. People say they support the VFD but saying it and showing are two very different things.
camorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:39 PM   #28
Caretaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by camorider View Post
The ESD voted to accept a budget which is based on a tax rate of .086. They will vote to accept the rate in their next meeting. They only proposed the rate tonight which was a big step.

I was disappointed in the number of taxpayers who did not show up for this important meeting. 10 taxpayers showed up. Pretty sad people but very typical of voters. For those who did not show up don't complain later on. People say they support the VFD but saying it and showing are two very different things.
Don,t know why your disappointed. the rate is very near what you wanted. As far as more tax payers showing up. Thats typical of MOST boards or commission meetings.But lets say as a hypothetical that you had more show up and those extra taxpayers told the Board they wanted the rate to be say .01 or .03 and they were a majority of those who showed up,would they get an earful of how they are,nt supporting the VFD?..Also more then likely the board would not have done what the majority asked.But that,s just a hypothetical since only 10 showed up.
If the board does a final vote to make the rate .086 then the folks who wanted more should be happy with what they get and don,t throw a fit..
Caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:28 AM   #29
camorider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretaker View Post
Don,t know why your disappointed. the rate is very near what you wanted. As far as more tax payers showing up. Thats typical of MOST boards or commission meetings.But lets say as a hypothetical that you had more show up and those extra taxpayers told the Board they wanted the rate to be say .01 or .03 and they were a majority of those who showed up,would they get an earful of how they are,nt supporting the VFD?..Also more then likely the board would not have done what the majority asked.But that,s just a hypothetical since only 10 showed up.
If the board does a final vote to make the rate .086 then the folks who wanted more should be happy with what they get and don,t throw a fit..

You really have some issues caretaker one of them is comprehension. I stated I was disappointed in the turn out you moron. Stop babbling on this forum Mr. know it all. Im done repsonded to your mindless ramblings.

Last edited by camorider; 08-08-2012 at 12:34 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:36 AM   #30
eastsidecrazy

Quote:
You really have some comprehension issues. I said nothing about being disappointed with the rate. I stated I was disappointed in the turn out, there is not need to slam the way I felt. You obviously have issues. I stated how I felt you were not there so you are babble on this forum. Im done repsonded to your ramblings, its a waste of time.

Way to go camorider. I looked at some of caretakers other posts, boy don't waste your time with him/her anymore. It was a good meeting. Tough for the ESD trying to serve the VFD and taxpayers but I think it was reasonable. As fars a tax payers who are flakes, its typical of people complaining and never showing support. People basically suck when its time to do something right or to back up their mouth. Most people are full of %@#*&.

Last edited by eastsidecrazy; 08-08-2012 at 12:36 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:11 AM   #31
camorider

I bet if there was a public meeting and the topic was banning beer sales in the county you would have a record showig.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:36 PM   #32
eastsidecrazy

Quote:
I bet if there was a public meeting and the topic was banning beer sales in the county you would have a record showig.

Amen... I just found out who caretaker is, don't waste your time with his posts. PM me, I'll share.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:09 PM   #33
camorider

Sweet. This person obviously has nothing better to do and thinks he/she lnows it all or has some calling to speak, it looks he/she has made comments on every post. I noticed he posted a bit about last years Bastrop fires, he/she specutlates a lot!
Old 08-08-2012, 06:22 PM   #34
Caretaker

Quote:
You really have some issues caretaker one of them is comprehension. I stated I was disappointed in the turn out you moron. Stop babbling on this forum Mr. know it all. Im done repsonded to your mindless ramblings.
The only one with issues seems to be yourself. And I can guarantee I could careless if you respond to anything I post.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:31 PM   #35
Caretaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastsidecrazy View Post
Way to go camorider. I looked at some of caretakers other posts, boy don't waste your time with him/her anymore. It was a good meeting. Tough for the ESD trying to serve the VFD and taxpayers but I think it was reasonable. As fars a tax payers who are flakes, its typical of people complaining and never showing support. People basically suck when its time to do something right or to back up their mouth. Most people are full of %@#*&.

What makes a flaky tax payer?. is that one who thinks taxes are too high or too low?. Now you don,t have to reply since it would waste your time.