The Highland Lakes of Texas
Email list
endurable-critic
Spurs info Billing Department News Department News Editor Obituaries Advertising Department Discussion Forum

Go Back   The Highland Lakes of Texas » Forums > Community Discussions > County Topics

Old 08-09-2015, 11:56 AM   #1
asierra

Paying for northland cable

How many people are paying for Northland Cable here in Marble Falls?
And are noticing that the cable or internet is always having issues?
I don't know about you but I am getting tired of paying for something I can't watch or even use.
It's cable you think that on a hot sunny day it would be working but NO it's not!
Then they tell you they will send someone out to service as soon as they can because it might be a week later�*����. What kind of customer service is that?

Last edited by asierra; 08-09-2015 at 11:59 AM.
asierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 04:21 PM   #2
JSKR
Seasoned Member

I only use their internet. In the past it was a horrible service, constantly went down. Recently, I have had no problems with their internet service.
JSKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 05:52 AM   #3
JWebb
Seasoned Member

We haven't had any problems lately with either Northland's internet or cable service. I suggest you go by thier office on Mission Hill. Speaking to someone in person usually gets better results.
JWebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 07:29 PM   #4
Nomos
Seasoned Member

I have great service at home and at an office. There is an 800 # you can call for service and they will often help straighten up online difficulties that don't involve actual lines or equipment.
Nomos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 12:49 PM   #5
Belle
Seasoned Member

I have the bundle, Internet,TV and Phone. Back in the Spring with all the rain we had a lot of problems but fairly quickly resolved. Since then no problems other than a few occasional flickers and I am not sure it's not the networks. I am very pleased with the service. I think it depends on where you live. I live in MF.
Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 07:47 PM   #6
asierra

Northland Cable

Well, Thanks to all who responded I truly appreciate your response.Good suggestion on going in person and speaking to someone I will do that. Well it went down again today so I guess I will go visit with them tomorrow 😉.
asierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 10:45 AM   #7
Webmaster
Benevolent Admin

Send a message via AIM to Webmaster
Two things:

1) Before you call the customer service number, unplug the power to your cable modem, wait a few seconds, and plug it back in.
2) If 1 doesn't improve your connection, call the 800 number.
Old 08-13-2015, 07:48 AM   #8
kb5ykj
Seasoned Member

I had their service for over 2 years. I did not have trouble till I went to digital cable box. They made 7 service calls, replaced digital box 5 times, Internet box 2 times all in a 1 year time. I switch to TW about 3 months ago. The day they came out to switch I checked speed (Using Speak Easy) and had .7 mbs down and .4 mbs up. The cable was changed to the TW line at the pole and equipment installed. I had 70 MBS down and 50 MBS up and have never had a problem with the digital tuner box. Same cable, splitters, etc. You should not have to keep rebooting the equipment, your paying for something your not getting it should work period.

Last edited by kb5ykj; 08-13-2015 at 08:07 AM. Reason: info correction
kb5ykj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 02:00 PM   #9
JSKR
Seasoned Member

Well after some time of no issues with North land the issues have started again. Every week or so now the Internet goes down. So last night it went down no biggie I called the support line and got a recording that stated outages in Marblefalls and surrounding areas. After some time with no Internet I called the support and the tech took my address etc. He stated there was an outage in my area. After still no Internet for sometime I call support again and the girl who answered the call was obviously eating in the phone while on the call with me!
She did not take any of my information and immediately told me there was an outage in my area.
This morning still no Internet I called support again and as soon as the person picked up the phone they hung it up. So I dialed again and talk to a very nice man. He tried to remotely start my modem it did not work so he put in a repair order. The soonest date available is December 10 which is three weeks away!
I called again today just to see if there was any change in there was not. So I stopped by the local office in Marble Falls and the receptionist told me there was no outage in my area it was only in Marble Falls. I told her about my conversations with the support technicians who both told me there was an outage in my area and she repeated there was no outage in my area. I mentioned how it was too ironic that my Internet service went out at the same time as the Marble Falls outage.
Again I was told December 10 was the soonest someone could come check out my Internet issue. She said there are trucks outside there are just no one to fill them.
In other words they have not enough service technicians to take care of their customers.
I asked are we billed behind or ahead she said we are billed a month ahead.
I said I don't plan on paying my bill if I don't have service and she said she could not tell me that I would not get late charges if I did not pay my bill.
So now we have a bill coming due that I am supposed to pay for services that I do not have.
Northland is offering a service but does not employ enough technicians to service their customers.
Please overlook any grammar or spelling errors as I am posting this from my cell phone
I will see about trying to find an alternative to Internet service or just disconnect from Northland altogether.
This is by far the worst service I think I recall ever having with any company.

Last edited by JSKR; 11-19-2015 at 02:04 PM.
Old 11-24-2015, 06:15 PM   #10
JSKR
Seasoned Member

Well it's been a week so far and absolutely nothing from Northland, not a peep. Not "hang in there we are working as fast as we can to get to you", absolutely ... Nothing. Wow.
Old 01-05-2016, 05:47 PM   #11
JSKR
Seasoned Member

Well no Internet since November 18. Gave up and call them to disconnect it were able to do so immediately on the 26th. Never received a refund so I called and they said I wasn't disconnected until December 4. Had to call the business office waited for them to call me back they will eventually send me one check for part of my refund and another check later on for the rest of it. Terrible terrible customer service.