The Highland Lakes of Texas
Email list
endurable-critic
Spurs info Billing Department News Department News Editor Obituaries Advertising Department Discussion Forum

Go Back   The Highland Lakes of Texas » Forums > Highland Lakes Living > Recreation & Sports

Old 02-29-2012, 11:17 PM   #1
retiree

Buchanan Bass Busters?

Is Buchanan Bass Busters still an active bass club? Do they ever have bass tournaments? When do they meet?
retiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:23 AM   #2
sdann03

I know just who to ask. If you'll send me an email, retiree, so I don't forget about this, I'll get you an answer. tnw.sjc@gmail.com is my email address. I tried to call, but they didn't answer.

Shelly Comerford
sdann03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:47 AM   #3
retiree

A recent article in the Picayune profiled the club and gave the name of some of the founding members. I wondered why the article did not provide info on current activities. For a club to drop from 300 members in its heyday to only 30 indicates to me something went wrong -- other than professional fishing tournaments drawing down the membership. I remember when the club occupied their own building that is now owned by a utility. Something apparently caused a lot of supporters to lose interest.
retiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 12:53 PM   #4
Peaches
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiree View Post
A recent article in the Picayune profiled the club and gave the name of some of the founding members. I wondered why the article did not provide info on current activities. For a club to drop from 300 members in its heyday to only 30 indicates to me something went wrong -- other than professional fishing tournaments drawing down the membership. I remember when the club occupied their own building that is now owned by a utility. Something apparently caused a lot of supporters to lose interest.
Perhaps an empty lake? Which was helped along by that utility that currently occupies their former building...
Peaches is offline   Reply With Quote