The Highland Lakes of Texas
Email list
endurable-critic
Spurs info Billing Department News Department News Editor Obituaries Advertising Department Discussion Forum

Go Back   The Highland Lakes of Texas » Forums > Highland Lakes Living > Schools

Old 08-10-2011, 09:55 PM   #26
mrdonkhan

Everyone should read the book "The Deliberate Dumbing Down Of America" by Charlotte Iserbyt. This will tell you why the test scores are low in public schools. It is a conscious effort to make dumb citizens. Dumb citizens are easily controlled.byt Charlotte Iserbyt
mrdonkhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 07:33 AM   #27
Peaches
Seasoned Member

I think a huge part of the problem is way schools are financed. The districts receive money for every student each day that student attends class; therefore, rather than kick the disrupters out so that those interersted in getting an education can do so, the districts do everything within their power to keep every student coming in every day.

I'd really rather spend tax dollars on students who want that education. Why are we paying for In School Suspension? Disrupters need to go. There needs to come a point where the school has the attitude that "we've wasted enough time and money trying to give this student something he/she doesn't really want." No special classrooms for these clowns. Send 'em home for good, and take away all their privileges (driving, hunting, fishing, etc) until age 21 or until they get their GED or diploma without taxpayer assistance.
Peaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:02 AM   #28
countryboy
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdonkhan View Post
Everyone should read the book "The Deliberate Dumbing Down Of America" by Charlotte Iserbyt. This will tell you why the test scores are low in public schools. It is a conscious effort to make dumb citizens. Dumb citizens are easily controlled.byt Charlotte Iserbyt

While I have not Read her book I have seen her interviews and she is Oh so right.. You want the citizens to be just enough educated to be able to do a simple job or follow along with what ever they are told to do. Free thinkers are not wanted nor are those who question things or use logic.
countryboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:11 AM   #29
countryboy
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaches View Post
I think a huge part of the problem is way schools are financed. The districts receive money for every student each day that student attends class; therefore, rather than kick the disrupters out so that those interersted in getting an education can do so, the districts do everything within their power to keep every student coming in every day.

I'd really rather spend tax dollars on students who want that education. Why are we paying for In School Suspension? Disrupters need to go. There needs to come a point where the school has the attitude that "we've wasted enough time and money trying to give this student something he/she doesn't really want." No special classrooms for these clowns. Send 'em home for good, and take away all their privileges (driving, hunting, fishing, etc) until age 21 or until they get their GED or diploma without taxpayer assistance.
Yep its all about the money.A child only has to show up and stay there until I believe 10 so the school can count them as being there so thye can get there allotment..

IMO The taxes one pays via property tax to the school system should Follow the child or children of any family. That way if a parent doesnt want them in the PUBLIC Ed or Dumbecenters they can send them to a educational system of their choice. Right now alot of parents want to do that but they can not afford to pay twice so they are stuck with the PubEd.. Also once your children are done with school you should not have to pay anything else via property taxes to pay for someone elses kids..
Old 08-19-2011, 05:34 PM   #30
mrdonkhan

Here is a good video that explains the current education system. Please pass it along to parents that have their kids in public schools.

http://youtu.be/eZJoCfgAEuE
mrdonkhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:02 AM   #31
Rayden31

Is it really a surprise that the district is doing so poorly. The priorities appear to be out of whack. The school's powers at be seem to be more interested in creating and hiring new administrative positions (promoting the same ole cronies) and so desperate to a winning athletic programs that of course the students are being left behind. We are a small class 4a school. We need to be focused on putting more capable teachers in the classroom and focus on academics. We waste taxpayer money like it is nobodies business hiring a fancy coach, creating new administrative positions and for what, appearance? I guess next year after we fail again we can at least brag about sending our choir to London, maybe that will distract everyone from the fact that our schools are failing our children.
Rayden31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:17 AM   #32
Freedomwriter1985

Mfisd

It has been long enough for Dodge to build a "program" for our athletic programs. Results, please?
Freedomwriter1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:43 PM   #33
countryboy
Seasoned Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedomwriter1985 View Post
It has been long enough for Dodge to build a "program" for our athletic programs. Results, please?
He did very well with the program. The team played football.