The Highland Lakes of Texas
Email list
endurable-critic
Spurs info Billing Department News Department News Editor Obituaries Advertising Department Discussion Forum

Go Back   The Highland Lakes of Texas » Forums > Highland Lakes Living > Public Safety

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 10:05 AM   #26
Dandroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webmaster View Post
Wow. Thank you for your support of police officers.
Support of police officers? I have a friend whom works for the HCSO that gets paid to sit under an over pass where the u-turn lane is and ticket people all day for no seat belt. I told him the same thing. Its the police state disguised as nanny state. No I do not support that although my main problem is with the legislators.

Yes children should be buckled up as they are minors and arent of age to make decisions of such yet.

I drive over 50k a year and get pulled over at least 1 time per yer. 99% of the officers I meet are good people and I have a stack of warnings to prove it...I have never had a seat belt ticket....nor have I ever been warned for that "infraction".

I love freedom and liberty, Nothing more nothing less.

Thank you for wearing the badge and being a good cop.

A shout out for (I dont remember his name in Burnet) the fine officer that let me go driving very very fast on the way to the vet with my half dead cat in the car. The cat lived. Thank you as it was a close call and seconds mattered.

Last edited by Dandroid; 06-17-2012 at 10:08 AM.
Old 06-17-2012, 02:43 PM   #27
Reapp
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretaker View Post
Interesting quote: I stop folks for not wearing a seat belt because I am LOOKING for folks not wearing seat belts. And just why is that Hmm I wonder,does that fall under the protect or serve category?
Because it's my job, like it or not. I believe in seat belt laws and their enforcement and have never un-seatbelted a dead person. I HAVE worked numerous major accidents where folks were ejected and/or suffered serious injuries or died as a result of not wearing one.

Sometimes folks need protection from their own bad decisions, I'm glad to help with that.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:09 AM   #28
JWebb
Seasoned Member

Hang in there Reapp and Webmaster. Some of us appreciate your efforts without looking for hidden agendas.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:41 AM   #29
Webmaster
Benevolent Admin

Send a message via AIM to Webmaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWebb View Post
Hang in there Reapp and Webmaster. Some of us appreciate your efforts without looking for hidden agendas.
Thank you!
Old 06-18-2012, 07:43 AM   #30
Caretaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reapp View Post
Because it's my job, like it or not. I believe in seat belt laws and their enforcement and have never un-seatbelted a dead person. I HAVE worked numerous major accidents where folks were ejected and/or suffered serious injuries or died as a result of not wearing one.

Sometimes folks need protection from their own bad decisions, I'm glad to help with that.
That so sounds like a Mayor Bloomberg thing. ban 20oz sodas because folks need protection from a bad decision.

If seatbelts were such a great thing then why not have them on motorcycles. Or maybe bicycles? Maybe even horses.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:09 AM   #31
Dandroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretaker View Post
That so sounds like a Mayor Bloomberg thing. ban 20oz sodas because folks need protection from a bad decision.

If seatbelts were such a great thing then why not have them on motorcycles. Or maybe bicycles? Maybe even horses.
Exactly,

No hidden agenda Webb. I was pretty clear. I dont need the gov, nor want the gov wiping my bung for me, Thank you very much.

The logic used for seatbelts means motorcycles should be completely outlawed. I have recently heard that they, our legislators, are toying with the idea of forcing you (the term force is necessary) to buckle up the pooch.

Unfortunately these laws, well intended perhaps (thats up for debate) remove freedom which was the very essence of what this country was founded on.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:17 AM   #32
Peaches
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWebb View Post
I agree. I especially appreciate the fact that you guys work hard to keep drunk drivers off our streets and highways...and if it takes an unbuckled seat belt to give probable cause to stop somebody...MORE POWER TO YOU!
Old 06-18-2012, 10:07 AM   #33
Dandroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaches View Post
I agree. I especially appreciate the fact that you guys work hard to keep drunk drivers off our streets and highways...and if it takes an unbuckled seat belt to give probable cause to stop somebody...MORE POWER TO YOU!
In your infinite wisdom you pointed out the obvious.

Thank you.
Closed Thread