The Highland Lakes of Texas
Email list
endurable-critic
Spurs info Billing Department News Department News Editor Obituaries Advertising Department Discussion Forum

Go Back   The Highland Lakes of Texas » Forums > Highland Lakes Living > Miscellaneous

Old 08-02-2011, 09:43 AM   #26
combatpilot

Maybe the Marble Falls Police Chief might provide some input to the public? I was under the impression that the Texas Legislature had strenghtened the anti-littering laws several years ago by allowing private citizens to file written complaints (sworn affidavidts) with the police or sheriff when they observed someone littering. The complaint is treated just like a traffic ticket in municipal court. The complainant might have to appear in municipal court to testify against the defendant, but that sworn testimony will then get the defendant a $250 fine. Enough of these fines and the defendant will stop throwing trash out their car window or dumping old furniture beside the road.
combatpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:04 PM   #27
yingxuy

I hope that more groups through this 2-mile long corridor sections. If I can get through the entire nine miles of the part, I will have the opportunity to maintain the corridor is much cleaner. If you know people are interested in organizing a group, please let me know.
yingxuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:24 PM   #28
burnetflash

Trash on hwy 1431 is a txdot responsibility.
burnetflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:59 PM   #29
Peaches
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yingxuy View Post
I hope that more groups through this 2-mile long corridor sections. If I can get through the entire nine miles of the part, I will have the opportunity to maintain the corridor is much cleaner. If you know people are interested in organizing a group, please let me know.

Put together an "Adopt a Highway" through TxDOT.
Peaches is offline   Reply With Quote